Saturday 9th February 12-4pm
The Station, Silver Street, BS1 2AG.
Near the bus station, NCP car park and Broadmead.
EVERYONE IS WELCOME!! From novices gardeners to expert growers or even just those a tad intrigued. Bring your seeds, friends, family & kids.
Seed tables, advice, talks, stalls, café and more
We are in planning stage for next years event and would like to hear from you if you are able to contribute in any way:
- Help organise the event, we have informal meetings/ get togethers, These will be listed as events on our Facebook page and publicised on other pages and groups where possible. All welcome.
- Have a stall, plant stalls, those promoting growing projects, wildflowers, those making organic, plant based products, eg jams and honey, natural cosmetics, wool etc. We are asking for a small donation for stalls.
- Ideas for speakers, know someone with a unique insight into seeds and growing, please put us in touch.
- Help on the day; the Seed Swap runs on the goodwill and energy of our volunteers, many of whom have come back year after year as they enjoy it so much. We can always use more people especially as we plan to expand the event.
- Seed donations. any company or shop which can donate seeds please let us know, and of course any individual can bring seeds on the day, if you can’t make it let us know and we can arrange a pick up.
We can be contacted on Bristolseedswap@gmail.com for all the above
What to expect at Bristol Seed Swap 2109
- Seed swapping! – Bring seeds to add to the trays (or just give a cash donation) and select those seeds you need to grow in your garden or allotment. Our friendly volunteers will be on hand to give you a warm welcome and answer your questions.
- Cafe – Come and eat delicious homebaked cakes, savoury snacks, drink tea, coffee or squash. The proceeds from the cafe fund future activity, so you’re not being greedy by having two pieces of cake, you’re being selfless 🙂
- Kids activities – keep the kids occupied making seed bombs & other creative gems while you get your seeds!
- Stalls – find out about local projects, growers, green spaces, eco activity and more from all over the city
- For sale – wild flower plugs courtesy of Feed Bristol and fruit trees from local growers.
- Advice Desk – There will be a space where some local garden experts and seed savers will be happy to offer advice on sowing, growing and saving seeds..
To be confirmed
Want to get involved?
If you would like to volunteer at this or future events or help with the organisation that would be amazing! Please email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
All other enquires email@example.com
Download poster below
Questions? FAQs here
Bristol Seed Swap is an annual event and is being held in a city centre venue for the 2nd year running to be accessible to all Bristol’s gardeners.
This is a free event and everyone is welcome whether an experienced gardener or someone just thinking of growing their first pot of herbs. Come and join in the fun, meet other gardeners, learn about the how and the why of seed saving and eat great cake.
Thank you for coming to learn more about the Seed Swap! Read all the latest news/archive on our blog.
PHOTOS FROM 2017’s SEED SWAP AT THE STATION KITCHEN
PHOTOS FROM 2016’s SEED SWAP AT FEED BRISTOL